UPS Flywheel Energy Storage Solutions
When you need a reliable advantage to standard battery systems used with UPS system, look no further than CDP, Inc’s Flywheel solutions.
Our Flywheel energy solutions like the VYCON DC help mission-critical industries in Wisconsin reduce downtime. This advanced energy storage solution is ideal for a variety of applications as a battery-free UPS solution, including data centers, healthcare facilities, and other mission-critical operations which need high-availability.
Browse our energy storage solutions below:
VYCON VDC Kinetic Energy Storage Systems
The VYCON VDC is a great solution for applications needing a more reliable and greener approach to backup power. Compatible with three-phase UPSs, the VDC energy storage systems hold kinetic energy in the form of a rotating mass, and converts this energy to electric power through patented technology within the flywheel system.
The VDC Flywheel includes a high-speed motor generator, active magnetic bearings to levitate and sustain the rotor during operation, and a superior control system which provides information on the system’s performance.
These innovative technologies enable the VYCON flywheel to charge and discharge at high rates for countless cycles, making it an effective, reliable solution for mission-critical environments.
The benefits of VYCON Energy Storage Systems include:
- Reliability– Up to 20x higher reliability than VRLA batteries typically used in UPS applications
- Longer life– Flywheels last 10 times longer and has a 20-year life and run performance
- Requires little maintenance– System uses a 100% magnetic levitation system rather than mechanical bearings as other suppliers
- Footprint savings– Units save space efficiently and lowers construction costs
- Environmentally friendly– VYCON units produce no carbon dioxide or emissions.
- Lower-life-cycle-costs – The ROI is typically within 3-4 years, and over a 15-20-year operation, the VYCON energy storage system’s total life-cycle is a fraction in comparison to batteries.
- Does not require a temperature controlled environment– VYCON units operate in extreme temperatures ranging from -4⁰F to 104⁰F (-20⁰C to 40⁰C)
If you’re interested in learning more about how our energy storage solutions help your mission-critical industry in Wisconsin, contact the professionals at CDP, Inc.